Saturday, July 23, 2011

Through the Eyes of a Youth

"Like Hannah, [Samuel's mother] I am not drunk but I have poured out my soul before the Lord. There is no other feeling than this. Your heart feels pink, raw, and exposed -- you can almost hear His. You can feel His hands close around your heart, protecting it. The pit of your stomach whirls, then settles and you can finally pause and breathe. Your heart insists it just ran a marathon and your mind is till trying to clarify. Your soul is on its face before Him, and you know He is all you need.
-- from my Journal, 4/17
Return unto Me. I will give you strength. Revel in My love once more and cherish My words. I would want you to trust Me wholly and in everything. If you sacrifice, do so in thanks to Me. Look for me in everything, that I may draw you near Me more.
-- from my Journal, 5/30
Why do we run from a love such as His? Does His endless, selfless love terrify us so much that we cannot accept it? His mercy is endless. He can forgive anything you bare before Him. He is love and He is just. No matter how far I stray, how far I try to get away from Him, no matter how many times I decline His presence, no matter how many times I ignore Him, how many times I tell Him my plan is better, how many times I break His heart by slapping Him in the face by sinning and driving a wedge between us.... No matter what I do, He won't let go. His hand won't release mine. His voice won't leave me alone. His pursuit for me never ends. His mercy is like the ocean. His love is confusing, miraculous, extravagant, rich, undeniable, simple, selfless, and right there for me to accept. How many times until I sin "too much"? Never. His mercy always welcomes me back into His arms. I'm broken, bruised, humbled, humiliated, and filthy. But He picks me up, brushes my tears away, kisses me and says "I missed you, beloved." ♥"
..... I wrote this way back when I was only 14. Isn't amazing what a child can see??

1 comment:

  1. Rach, I'm so thankful that I saw this. It is something that I have been struggling with greatly. I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete